Copying/Pasting mails from Hotmail to Vista Works

McNaught 12:53 28 Apr 09

Hi

I am trying to copy mails from hotmail to my works on Vista. I just want to copy the text of the mails, without all the ads etc. I have previously copied and then pasted onto a word for works doc. Now I am getting the old contents of the clipboard facility or similar despite copying new material.

Any suggestions on how to do all this with just a transfer of the text so I can print the mails off and remove old material?

Regards

Bryan.

BurrWalnut 14:04 28 Apr 09

Highlight the text you want to copy by left-clicking the mouse at the start of the text, keep the button pressed and move the mouse pointer to the end of the text.

Release the left button, right-click, then click Copy.

Go to your document right-click where you want it, then click Paste.

McNaught 14:47 28 Apr 09

Thanks but that was what I was doing before without previous copied material still being pasted instead of the new text.

I need to empty the 'clipboard' facility from hotmail but am unclear if this can be done.

Bryan.

BurrWalnut 15:04 28 Apr 09

Aha!

I don’t know how to empty it and unlike XP, the clipboard cannot be viewed in Windows Vista.

You need a copy of clipbrd.exe from an XP computer. It is located in C:\WINDOWS\system32. Copy it into the same folder in Vista and to run it, click the Windows Orb (Start), type clipbrd and press Enter.

McNaught 17:50 28 Apr 09

Thanks, I have XP on a laptop so shall try and let you know.

Bryan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5