Copying your CD's to PC - best method?

chrismuir 17:48 03 Oct 04

Now that I have a big enough hard drive, I want to copy my CD collection onto my PC. From there i can play it direct or download to an MP3 player for going down the gym etc. What is the best way of doing this - using media player or is there a better program??

bremner 17:53 03 Oct 04

Unless you have the codec WMP will not rip to mp3.

It will come down to personal choice. I prefer iTunes to WMP. click here

Does your mp3 player not come with aan mp3 ripping program.

GibsonSt19 17:54 03 Oct 04

Used to used WPM, however iTunes is much slicker.

GibsonSt19 17:54 03 Oct 04

Darn fingers.

canard 19:47 03 Oct 04

click here Easy to use for ripping CD tracks.

chrismuir 22:24 04 Oct 04

Downloaded iTunes, seems easy to use but when I tried to copy one of my original CD's to the library it copied ok, but when I try to play a track all I hear is a popping noise. I had selected the error correction option in the importing preferences.........any ideas?

THE TERMINATOR 23:06 04 Oct 04

click here and get free rip, it's easy to use, will rip your tracks where you want, and above all free....TT

THE TERMINATOR 23:07 04 Oct 04

I beg your pardon, above all it is free....TT

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:46 04 Oct 04

Just use Windows Media Player..takes about 1.5 minutes per CD and if you are connected to the Net it will download all the track titles, the cover and a critque. I recently copied over 200 CDs and there were only two (Fruup and Ange) that it could not get the album listing for ;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…