copying WMA files to CD

imzy 11:49 26 Jul 03

Hi all

I have copied tracks from a CD to my hard drive and the are of the format "Windows Media Audio/Video Shortcut". I try to copy these tracks to CD but it wont let me touch them. I try to use windows media player to copy them but, although they appear in "Music to Copy" coulmn, they are skipped when recording.

I try to use Easy CD Creator but, although they are in the "My Music" folder, thay do not appear to be when I seach for it through EasyCD.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Imzy

powerless 11:53 26 Jul 03

Shorcuts is just the reference to the tracks on the CD.

They are not the songs.

If you right click them and choose properties you'll find the file size is around 1 - 4 KBs.

barrie_g 11:56 26 Jul 03

Your problem may be down to the last bit of what you say is the format, "shortcut" as if it is listing them as shortcuts even if it will copy this to disk it will do you no good as it is not the file that you want to copy only a shortcut to the file.

To copy the file to disk when you look at properties of the file it should list the file type as *.WMA and nothing more.

So you will need to find the location of where the file is stored and copy it from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…