Copying VHS tapes to my PC

D.Head 13:22 01 Jan 09

Hi, and a happy New Year,

I was given a Dazzel USB2 to VCR set up for Christmas that works quite well when coping tapes directly to a DVD disc. However, when I save tapes to a file on my harddrive (some of these are pre-recorded tapes of old films) everytime I go into the file to view what I have recorded I get this message "Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working, close programme." I have tried changing from thumbnail to icon but all that does is leave me unable to view the file.

Any help please.
Many thanks
David

ambra4 13:38 01 Jan 09
  woodchip 14:42 01 Jan 09

Use Windows Movie Maker to Capture the files as video then you can burn the File to disc

D.Head 15:25 01 Jan 09

Woochip,
How would I use "capture" in M/S move maker

woodchip 10:46 02 Jan 09

You have to use a USB card that as Analog plugs to plug into your VHS player, This is the One I use click here

But its a lot cheaper hear click here
I bought mine from Aldi, they may still have them in. the unit as a button on it so you can capture a still Photo of the Video

woodchip 10:49 02 Jan 09

Cheaper click here

D.Head 11:39 03 Jan 09

Hi,

Thanks for all the good advice.But I have the Dazzl thing now, so I'am stuck with it. Back to this RUNDLL32 thing, it only pops up when there is an MPEG file in my video folder, if I delete the MPEG file it dos not show up.

Dave

woodchip 13:56 03 Jan 09

You should be able to capture to Hard Drive using the Dazzl card, create a new folder and change the settings to save to new folder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5