Copying URL's

spuds 11:07 14 Oct 04

Bit of an embarrasment really. Recently I have been responding or adding certain aticles to the various sections of the forum's, and the url's that I have copied have some how not displayed as intended. Is it me, the site connections or is it the way that I am submitting url's as 'click here's'.Never had much trouble in the past.

A typical case was yesterday click here The url that I included in my post didn't connect to the relevant site, yet what appears to me, the link that Mr Mistofflees gave was the same or very similar, and this connected with no problems.

What am I doing wrong, as this embarrasment is becoming annoying, and I want to correct it before it becomes a bigger problem.

PS. Many thanks Mr Mistofflees for you redirection help, I was unable to thank you in the actual thread due to the FE's actions.

JonnyTub 11:14 14 Oct 04

there various method's to doing this as per VoG's "posting microsoft knowleadgebase links" thread, my favourite is to use tinyurl.

Copy the url and then navigate to tinyurl.com, paste the long url into the bar and it will create a shorter one for you. which in turn you copy and paste here. voila!

VoG II 11:54 14 Oct 04

Your link, spuds

http:// news.znet.co.uk/internet/security/0,39020375,39170077,00.htm

Mr Mistoffelees' link

http:// news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/security/0,39020375,39170077,00.htm

A subtle difference (znet or zdnet).

GroupFC 12:27 14 Oct 04

Well spotted VoG™ - I looked at it and couldn't see it!

rawprawn 12:31 14 Oct 04

Just to add to JonnyTub's note about tinyurl, you can drag a link from there onto your toolbar whick becomes a quick link.

spuds 13:21 14 Oct 04

Thank Guys. Embarrasment possibly now solved. I put it down to the aging factor!!.Thanks again all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…