Copying Thumbnails

osben 15:42 17 Oct 06

Hi

I have made a folder and in it I have put a number of files with the .jpeg extension.

When I click on the folder in question, it brings up all the files I have in it as thumbnails with a description under each thumbnail.

Is there any way that I can paste that folder with all the .jpeg folder as thumnails into an email. I am using MS Outlook 2002.

I thought that I could drag my mouse over all the thumnails and copy into word to make it a word document but each thumnail ocupied a complete page and there are far to many files to do that (150) in all.

Hope the above makes sense.

Regards

johnnyrocker 15:54 17 Oct 06

what happens if you either right click the file and select mail to? or highlight the file and try it from file/send.

johnny.

anskyber 15:55 17 Oct 06

Can I assume you are using xp? If you use "my pictures" and choose e-mail this file (ie the file with all the jpgs in) then select make my pics smaller when you are asked to choose it will downsize them enough to be OK for an e-mail if its a dozen or so pics.

Otherwise using a resizing program to reduce the size of the pics will work as well. Make sure you keep a copy of the originals if you resize however.

anchor 13:50 18 Oct 06

The pictures you see in your jpg image folder are not in themselves thumbnails.

You need to make a new folder with actual thumbnails. Here is a free programme for making thumbnails.

click here

You could then zip the contents of the thumbnail folder to send by e-mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…