Copying Tapes to CD

Brice 12:21 27 Jul 04

Hi
Can anyone help with the above. Got lots of tapes which I want to tranfer to CDs but I don´t know how.
I Have an Asus Motherboard with on board sound running windows2000. Software installed are Nero,windows media player. Any idea how I could connct a tape to my computer if at all possible
Thanks

stlucia 13:13 27 Jul 04

You need a line-in socket on your PC -- separate sound cards have them, but I'm not sure if on-board sound comes with one so you'll have to look around or check your handbook. Then you need a line-out on your tape player or, failing that, a headphone socket on your tape player. Connect the tape player socket to the PC line-in socket using a cable with the appropriate plugs, which you can get from most computer or hi-fi shops.

Then you'll need software to do the actual recording. I use what came with my Soundblaster sound card, but I'm sure others will recommend something if you don't have anything.

SEASHANTY 15:35 27 Jul 04

See this website
click here

SEASHANTY 15:42 27 Jul 04

Another website with some more info
click here
You need software to do the recording to CD-R but Nero or Roxio Easy CD creator have the ability to do this for you.

Stuartli 16:54 27 Jul 04

Absolutely everything and anything to do with CD rewriters and media (hundreds of articles) can be found at:

click here

Also worth a visit:

click here

Brice 20:52 27 Jul 04

Hi
Thanks Guys. Your replies are mopst helpful
Brice

Bapou 21:49 27 Jul 04

Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 an ideal tool for recording and transferring LP's and tapes to CD.

Check it out at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…