COPYING SHORTCUT

ZZET 21:49 28 Feb 04

When copying files from one folder to another and the box comes up "This file already exists" etc Yes to All --- No. Is there a shortcut to answer No to All?

Chegs ® 23:00 28 Feb 04

I wish I knew it if there was one!I was copying files from a damaged cd to my puter(having already copied the same app from an undamaged cd),and the prog kept telling me xyz was already there/yes to all/no,etc and having clicked the No button over 2000 times I was really "p"'ed off!

This will refresh the post as well as add it to my list of posts for reference. ;-)

Chegs ® 23:24 28 Feb 04

Reading this thread set me off a googling. ;-)

Say 'No to All' in Windows XP

Save time and clicks by telling your computer 'No to All' when copying duplicate files.

Here's the situation: You want to add a group of pictures you've been working on to your My Pictures folder, but your My Pictures folder already contains some, but not all, of those pictures. Instead of sorting out which are already in the folder and only moving the new ones, you can save time by just moving the whole lot of them and letting Windows XP figure out what is already there and what needs to be added.
Where's 'No to All?'
When you do this, XP will dutifully ask whether you want to replace or not replace any duplicate files. It'll give you these choices for the duplicates:
· "Yes to All" (replace them all)
· "Yes" (replace this particular one)
· "No" (do not replace this particular one)
Where's the "No to All" option? It'd be great to have if you wanted to save time, or if you wanted to keep original versions of the files. In Windows XP, you don't have to click "No" for each duplicate file. Hold down Shift while you click "No," and that will act as if you had clicked a "No to All" option. It's a simple but cool little Windows XP secret.

ZZET 23:35 28 Feb 04

That was the exact reply i was looking for.thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…