copying pictures in an email message

sajeev 21:21 16 Oct 08

A friend send me some pictures in an email message (not as attachment). I wish to copy the pictures into my My Pictures folder. When I right click on any of the pics I get "Copy", "Save pic as" and "Select all".
When I choose Copy and try to paste elsewhere, the Paste option is greyed out.
When I choose "Save pic as" I get a message saying "The system cannot find the file specified".
When I choose "Select all" everything gets selected including the many email addresses to which this mail has been forwarded and if I still go ahead and right click on the selected area and choose Copy from the menu that pops up and then try to Paste elsewhere, the Paste option is greyed out.
Can anybody help?
Thanks

bluto1 21:47 16 Oct 08

When I read this I decided to look at a few photos I've had sent, not as attachments. I right clicked and selected 'save as' and a window opened up titled My Pictures and near the bottom i clicked on 'save'. On checking My Pictures the shots I'd saved were there.
I've got XP Home SP3.

bluto1 21:54 16 Oct 08

By the way, when your friend sends you emails with a lot of addresses view the pictures in 'Forward' and highlight all the unwanted addresses and delete them. Then, forward the email to yourself. The photos will still be there and your mailbox won't be so full.

sajeev 22:36 16 Oct 08

Thanks.
The method you described does not work as indicated in my mail. I use Outlook Express. However it works in Thunderbird so I was able to get it done.
Thanks for your suggestions
Sajeev

Stuartli 22:51 16 Oct 08

In Outlook Express, if you right click on a photo you should get a menu up with Copy, Save As and Select All available.

It works fine and is the same method which bluto1 has already provided.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…