copying a picture from a dvd

joel6429 19:26 07 Mar 07

Can anyone tell me how I can take an image from a dvd playing on my pc and convert/save it as a still image,what software I would need. There are no copyright issues and I am on XP home edition.

Sparkly 20:01 07 Mar 07

Hi joel6429 i have Cyberlink Power DVD xp in this programme whilst you have a dvd running there is a tab at the bottom 2nd from the left that allows you to capture and save the frame being shown.
Hope this helps.

Wizards_Sleeve 20:29 07 Mar 07

Pause it, and press print screen, then open up paint or similar and paste screenshot into there.

FatboySlim71 22:55 07 Mar 07

I can confirm that Cyberlink Power DVD will allow you to capture an image off of a DVD, I have Cyberlink Power DVD V7.2 and it works on that. I posted a very similar question on here a couple of weeks ago.

click here

rodriguez 23:08 07 Mar 07

Sometimes pressing Print Screen and pasting it into Paint will result in there being a black or pink box where the image should be because of the DirectShow - but it's still worth a try as sometimes it works. PowerDVD or another DVD player with snapshot capture will probably be your best bet though.

Ho-Lin-Sok 00:22 08 Mar 07

This is brilliant
click here
works fully for at least the trial period.

hastelloy 07:28 08 Mar 07

will also do this. I don't know, but suspect that a other photo software will also have the facility.

jack 08:09 08 Mar 07

Power DVD does it as mentioned.
So to will some other dedicated DVD player software.
The print screen on its own method does not [for me anyway]
It simply gives a blank screen. The Playing program need to capture the frame- before the computer gets it I guess.

joel6429 11:35 08 Mar 07

Problem solved-thanks to all for your help

jack 08:43 24 Apr 08

A print screen utility per image then paste the image into an editor to crop/clean up
very long winded but if there is no other way.......
www. gadwinprintscreen pro.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac