copying a picture from a dvd

joel6429 19:26 07 Mar 07

Can anyone tell me how I can take an image from a dvd playing on my pc and convert/save it as a still image,what software I would need. There are no copyright issues and I am on XP home edition.

Sparkly 20:01 07 Mar 07

Hi joel6429 i have Cyberlink Power DVD xp in this programme whilst you have a dvd running there is a tab at the bottom 2nd from the left that allows you to capture and save the frame being shown.
Hope this helps.

Wizards_Sleeve 20:29 07 Mar 07

Pause it, and press print screen, then open up paint or similar and paste screenshot into there.

FatboySlim71 22:55 07 Mar 07

I can confirm that Cyberlink Power DVD will allow you to capture an image off of a DVD, I have Cyberlink Power DVD V7.2 and it works on that. I posted a very similar question on here a couple of weeks ago.

click here

rodriguez 23:08 07 Mar 07

Sometimes pressing Print Screen and pasting it into Paint will result in there being a black or pink box where the image should be because of the DirectShow - but it's still worth a try as sometimes it works. PowerDVD or another DVD player with snapshot capture will probably be your best bet though.

Ho-Lin-Sok 00:22 08 Mar 07

This is brilliant
click here
works fully for at least the trial period.

hastelloy 07:28 08 Mar 07

will also do this. I don't know, but suspect that a other photo software will also have the facility.

jack 08:09 08 Mar 07

Power DVD does it as mentioned.
So to will some other dedicated DVD player software.
The print screen on its own method does not [for me anyway]
It simply gives a blank screen. The Playing program need to capture the frame- before the computer gets it I guess.

joel6429 11:35 08 Mar 07

Problem solved-thanks to all for your help

jack 08:43 24 Apr 08

A print screen utility per image then paste the image into an editor to crop/clean up
very long winded but if there is no other way.......
www. gadwinprintscreen pro.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…