Copying photos to CD-RW

Jackcoms 10:01 13 Jun 06

I've never burned or copied anything to CD-RW before (yeah, I know, where have I been!).

My elder daughter wants me to copy some photos to CD-RW. The photos are currently on the HDD of her laptop.

Do I simply drag and drop or copy/paste or do I need some rinky-dinky software?

woofwoofbark 10:14 13 Jun 06

This is how I go about saving my pics ...

right click and place the mouse over 'Send to' and then choose your CD-rw drive , open My Computer and ouble click your cd drive it should open up revealing your photos , insert a cd and click the Write these files to cd

hth

Diodorus Siculus 10:15 13 Jun 06

Do you have either Nero or Roxio software installed? If so, these will do it for you.

If not, you can download some free options - DeepBurner - Powerful CD and DVD burning package
click here

or

CDBurnerXP Pro - free burning solution | Home / News
click here

Al94 10:17 13 Jun 06

or use Picassa click here

rmcqua 10:20 13 Jun 06

Assuming you are using Win XP, you should just be able to drag and drop. The PC will recognize that you have a writeable disc in the drive and away you go!

badgery 10:20 13 Jun 06

Does the laptop have a CD burner?
If so just open the folder with the pics in it, and (assuming it is XP!!) there will be a "Copy all items to CD" option in the 'picture tasks' list, over on the left.If you only wish to copy some of the folder, highlight the chosen ones first - then 'copy to CD'. (click one, hold down 'shiftkey' and add more).
Job done?

Diodorus Siculus 10:34 13 Jun 06

Windows XP CD Burning Secrets
click here

woodchip 11:03 13 Jun 06

Open Nero and just drag the files on to the CD and burn as Data if they are Jpg

Totally-braindead 11:20 13 Jun 06

Jackcoms not wanting to confuse the issue or anything but I wouldn't trust important photos to a CDRW. You would be better creating a CDR multisession disk and putting the photos on there. CDRWs are not as stable a medium as CDRs and hence its better in general to use CDRs. And if the pictures are quite important make 2 copies in case of damage.
I've got half a dozen CDRW disks lying about and never use them anymore cos I lost info on them.

Jackcoms 12:08 13 Jun 06

Thanks for all your replies. Several of my daughter's photos now copied to CD-RW using the XP copying wizard.

My elder daughter is a student and the photos seem to mainly consist of her and her Uni friends grinning into the camera whilst wearing silly costumes and holding (alcoholic) drinks in their hands.

Tough life at Uni it seems! ;-)

Totally-braindead
Good point.

The photos now on CD-RW are those which my daughter MAY print at sometime. All of her photos are still on the laptop HDD AND backed up to a separate pen drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…