Copying photos to CD-R

W C Boggs 21:46 30 Sep 06

I'm trying to back up folders of JPEGs to CD-Rs. When I put the disc back in, all the folders are on there, but I can only see the photos that were in the first folder I copied to the disc. The other folders are on there and contain thumbnail icons, but I can't view any of the photos. It's the same whether I finalise the disc or not. I don't seem to have the same problem with CD-RWs. I read on the forum about making it "multi session". Is this the answer, and if so, how do I do it? The problem seems the same regardless of what method I use to copy the files (e.g. using "send to" or "Pinnacle Instant Write"). It's only ever the first folder to be copied that can be viewed ok. Thanks.

Fingees 21:53 30 Sep 06

If you don't have trouble with RW, what happens if you do what you want on RW, and when completed copy to R?

when I do movies, I do all editing etc ., on rw, then I can erase and alter as much as I like.

Only when I am satisfied with the finished product, do I put onto CDr

it's just a thought.

Stuartli 22:05 30 Sep 06

I use Nero6. A multisession disk is easy to create (I always use a CD-R) and you can keep adding to the disk until it is almost full, only being Finalised just before the final burning session.

It is essential to keep Saving the specified File name of the disk after each burning session otherwise some folders cannot be opened.

All that is required is that once the File name has been created is that the required folders and/or files are dragged and dropped into the File name from right to left in the main panel.

See:

click here

for a detailed description.

Jak_1 22:07 30 Sep 06

Is your burning program at fault, I have never had a problem burning photo's to cd's at all even when they are in folders within folders. I use Pinacle or windows own burning program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac