copying and pasting text out of adobe reader

macduck 13:03 17 Jun 06

Can anyone tell me how to copy and paste text out of adobe reader and into other documents, e.g word notepad etc. I seem to be having difficulty to get this to work.

SANTOS7 13:36 17 Jun 06

How do I copy and paste text from a PDF file?

Copying and pasting text from PDFs can have unpredictable results, particularly where text spans more than one column or includes tables or graphics. You will also lose some formatting. You also cannot copy and paste text from PDFs, such as ASIC Gazettes and enforceable undertakings, that have been created from scanned documents.

To copy text from a PDF file :

* open the file in Adobe Reader
* click the "T" button (Text select tool) on the Adobe Reader toolbar (in Adobe Reader v3 this is the ABC button)
* highlight the text you wish to copy
* click the "Copy" button on the Adobe Reader toolbar (do not use the Browser's toolbar or menu options)
* switch back into your word processing package and paste the text into a new document.

VoG II 14:41 17 Jun 06
  UncleP 17:56 17 Jun 06

There are a number of stand-alone utilities which convert the pdf file into a word processor format, usually Word, with varying efficiencies
click here

Mine came free with a Serif dtp, so you might find a free alternative.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…