Copying music from PC to Mini Disc.........

nick_j007 22:47 10 Feb 03

Evening all,

Here's one for all the music/cabling afficionados.
I would like to copy some tracks from my Windows media player to my Mini disc player. My PC does not have an optical out of course, but I do see a product in my Lektropacks brochure that runs from the USB port to a central hub that then enables one to take either an optical or analogue line out to your product.
Thing is, how will it sound on my mini disc when I have some decent head phones on and really listening to the music? Will this concoction generate 'noise'? Product priced at £35.00 BTW
click here
Link above if you are interested.
Many thanks in anticipation for your thoughts.

Nick Jones

nick_j007 23:33 10 Feb 03

Pleeaase?

DieSse 00:45 11 Feb 03

All you need is a cable from the audio out of your sound card, to the audio in on your minidisc.

Qmar 01:46 11 Feb 03

DieSse is right.. but 'noise' depends on specs and software used.. anyway I bought an Extigy in the end.. with its own hardware and software inc noise rectn.

kuhbler 09:18 11 Feb 03

I just use the gold plated cable I got with my Minidisc from the Audio Out on my Soundblaster Live to the Line In on my minidisc. Works fine. I've never noticed any noise problems from using this method. Using a Sony MZ-R70 Minidisc btw.

nick_j007 10:03 11 Feb 03

Ok, many thanks to you both. I'll try out the single cable approach and see how it sounds.
Nick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…