copying on to multiple foppies

keith-188400 17:08 08 Jun 07

How do I copy a 5MB file from my docs to 4 floppy disks?

Jackcoms 17:10 08 Jun 07

You can't.

Can't you use a USB pen drive or CD?

VoG II 17:14 08 Jun 07

You can use Disk Spanning in WinZip click here

Bazz2000 17:25 08 Jun 07

What ive done a few times (albeit on larger files) is to make an iso of the file. This then breaks the file down into lots of smaller pieces. Fill each disc, then the other end, you simply need to copy them back. Im really not sure what would happen with a file that size though, but its worth a try.

bjh 18:42 08 Jun 07

I second the opinion of VoG™. You will need to label the disks, as it'll ask for them in a set order, but it has two distinct advantages. Firstly, you may well need fewer disks, as it'll compress the file, and secondly, it does a good error-correction check, to make sure what is squeezed out is correct. Floppies aren't as accurate and reliable as HDD or USB pens.

keith-188400 17:42 12 Jun 07

Thanks Guys
Sorry for the delay.
I wanted to install the drivers for a memory stick on my 98se machine but the cd rom was not working. Hence trying to transfer the 5mb drivers to floppies.
Unfortunately my Winzip evaluation is out of time so will have to get another one.
Thanks again.

howard64 17:46 12 Jun 07

get file splitter it will break the fiule into bits and allow you to copy them to the other pc and then rebuild it.

howard64 17:51 12 Jun 07

here is the link Visit click here for upgrades

keith-188400 17:33 18 Jun 07

Thanks everybody

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…