Copying MP3 Files to CD to Play on Hifi

leemgilbert 10:08 18 Sep 03

Guys,
My HiFi system does not allow me to play MP3 files, can you recommend a program that converts MP3/WMA to audio format as I do not want to use media player to write the files because it does not allow me to save that many songs.

What format is recognised by HIFI systems?

Thank you

Lee

leo49 10:14 18 Sep 03

This FAQ will clarify the situation.

click here

mark500 10:53 18 Sep 03

Make an album of 74 or 80 minutes using MP3. Get NERO Burning Rom and when it opens choose Audio CD. Then just drag the MP3's into the left hand pane and burn. They are decoded to CDA(.Wav) on the fly. This will then play in your Hi-Fi.

DieSse 11:10 18 Sep 03

I don't understand why you think Media Player won't let you do this. AFAIK it does.

Of course an audio CD cannot contain more than 74mins or 80mins of playing time, so the number of trackes will be many less than as MP3s.

Be aware that not all domestic players (notably older ones), will guarantee to play CD-Rs.

Unless otherwise stated, Domestic players will recognise Audio files (shown on the PC as CDA - but that's a bit of a fudge, as they're not really files in the normal computer sense of the word).

Smiler 11:23 18 Sep 03

That's a good site.

Bodi 11:39 18 Sep 03

I've just done this as an experiment. Unfortunately some programs in converting MP3 to Wave cause a loss of quality in sound.

I'm listening to those coverted MP3 on a little personal CD player right now and so far everything is fine.

I borrowed the program "AccurateBurn" and intend to buy it - the sound quality is very good.

Bodi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…