copying lp's to cd's

Smokeyone 16:39 23 May 06

Am I correct in thinking that if you connect a stand alone cd-rw disc drive directly to a lp turntable you can copy over your old 33 rpm's.

Thanks for any help.

kinger 16:44 23 May 06

No, you'll need a PC in between to control the whole process.

kinger 16:46 23 May 06

Plug the conventional sound equipment into your soundcard 'line in' input and then use dedicated software to record to your hard disk drive.

pj123 16:49 23 May 06

Type "vinyl to cd" into the Forum Search box and you will get plenty of information on how to do it.

I am in the process of copying all my LPs, Cassettes and Reel to Reel tapes to CD at the moment.

amonra 16:52 23 May 06

I can thoroughly recommend a program called "Polderbits" for copying vinyl or tape. It's quite cheap to buy and very versatile. Visit their website and browse.

Stuartli 17:01 23 May 06

See Section 3-12 at:

click here

Wak 19:00 23 May 06

If you have Nero and Nero Wave Editor you already have all you need.
click here

Smokeyone 08:20 24 May 06

Thanks for all the advice. One more thing I would like to check please as i always seem to get it wrong...........
Which cd format works okay on a pc as well as a normal home stereo player. For instance purchased cd's & dvd movies work on my pc but any audio cd I make on my pc will not play on home cd or dvd player.

johnnyrocker 08:29 24 May 06

burn as audio and all will be ok.

Smokeyone 11:19 24 May 06

Smokeyone 11:21 24 May 06

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…