copying a list of songs to make a list in word

flobby 10:34 10 Dec 10

Hi,
I need to copy a list of songs aswell as books from my computer, to make a list which I can print out.
When I select them all and copy I am copying the songs and books not the list.
Thanks in advance
Cheers, flobby

Woolwell 11:34 10 Dec 10

More information needed. What format is the list in? What program is the existing list in?

Diemmess 15:35 10 Dec 10

......that you are trying to print data from a website?

If so, you may have to do it piecemeal.

1) I would try wiping the cursor across the bit you need, to highlight it.

2) Then key Control+C to copy the highlighted bit.
3) Next on a new document of Word or Wordpad key Control+V to paste that section.

Repeat back to 1 to highlight the next selection.
2) and 3)
Add the next clip to the Word Document.

All this is fairly clumsy, but it works for me if I am in difficulties.

Once you have what you want all in the Word doc, you can play with the formatting or convert to a table for sorting.

Batch 15:47 10 Dec 10

If it as Diemmess suggests, when you go into Word, if you select Edit, Paste Special, Unformatted Text it will get rid of all of the formatting crud used on the website.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 10 Dec 10

Assuming this is a list of songs in a / several folders on your drive then you need directory printer (free) click here

flobby 18:58 10 Dec 10

The list is the actual songs and books, not a word list so copying it is actually copying the songs and books.
The list is shown in documents but it is still the programmes. How do I change it to word???

Diemmess 19:11 10 Dec 10

Have both your screen list and a new doc in Word open at the same time, then copy and paste the bits you want into the Word doc.

Notice Fruit Bat /\0/\'s point about Directory printer. This could help finishing the Word doc.

Covergirl 22:54 10 Dec 10

?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…