Copying .jpeg pics from Winxp pro to SD Card

swapper 18:05 PM 17 Feb 12

Any advice please. I am attempting to copy .jpg pictures from my pc to an SD Card (I want them on my camera). After copying, when I try to view on my Canon ixus70 it tells me there is no image. The SD card opens all the pictures back on my PC fine, also my laptop, but why is it the camera will not find them. Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:08 PM 17 Feb 12

They will need to be in a folder on the card

The full Canon folder structure is as follows:

\DCIM \xxxEOS1D \xxxCANON ***YYYY.JPG ***YYYY.CR2 (raw photo) ***YYYY.MOV (video) ***YYYY.THM (thumbnail) ***YYYY.WAV (audio) \CANONMISC (DCIM control metadata) \MISC (DPOF settings) (temporary data)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:13 PM 17 Feb 12

That didn't come out correctly as the forum is taking the spaces out of the lines.

---***YYYY.CR2 (raw photo)

---***YYYY.MOV (video)

---***YYYY.THM (thumbnail)

---***YYYY.WAV (audio)

--\CANONMISC (DCIM control metadata)

\MISC (DPOF settings) (temporary data)

swapper 18:23 PM 17 Feb 12

Fruit Bat/\0/\ Good heavens, that was quick, and thank you for your help, but I don't understand that, (I think). Are you saying that the Folder should be called DCIM_*YYYY.JPG

Thank you

swapper 18:33 PM 17 Feb 12

May I also aske, what would that format be if it was a olympus hdx 12.5 superwide?

How many years have you been helping people now /\0/\?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:17 PM 17 Feb 12

two folders on card DCIM and MISC

DCIM has subfolder i70ES01D (170 is model of camera)

ESO1D has subfolders 170cannon and CANONMISC

.JPG .CR2 (raw photo).MOV (video).THM (thumbnail).WAV (audio) files are all in the 170cannon folder.

This is where you need to copy your jpgs so you can view them on the camera.

Format a card in the camera and take a picture and the camera will automatically make yhe folder structure for you.

Cameras often do not like cards that have been formatted in a PC

swapper 22:41 PM 17 Feb 12

Fruit Bat/\0/\,

Thank you very much for that, I'll give it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know