Copying a home dvd.

nebuchan 11:54 07 Jan 05

Hi, I've just transfered my vhs home movie to dvd, on a panasonic dvd recorder. I now want to copy the disc. I have a dvd rewriter on my laptop. How do i copy it? What software may i need to purchase?

Thanks
Nebuchan

goonerbill © ® 12:04 07 Jan 05

if you have win xp, i believe that windows media player or one of its components may be able to do the job.
if you have a dvd-rw on your laptop, i would asume that it came with some sort of copying software already loaded.
if you do need to install software for the job, my personnal choice would be NERO but there are other programs that can do the job as well. someone might be able to point you in the direction of some free software for doing the job.

nebuchan 14:13 07 Jan 05

im still looking for a trial, or some freeware, to copy the disc.

ACOLYTE 14:27 07 Jan 05
  Noelg23 14:28 07 Jan 05

and there is also DVD Santa just do a google search...I havent used but a source tells me its very good so I will be getting this too...

SEASHANTY 15:52 07 Jan 05

I just copy the DVD from my JVC DVD recorder direct to the Panasonic DVD recorder using a scart lead to three RCA phono. Scart into JVC AV1 socket to Front
AV3 (three RCA phono) on front of Panasonic. Transfer in real time - it's easy. I am using two DVD recorders but it would work just as well transferring from a domestic DVD player to the Panasonic DVD recorder.

SEASHANTY 16:09 07 Jan 05

If I needed several copies of the same DVD I would use the Panasonic DMR-E85 on its own by copying the DVD to the hard drive then use high speed dubbing from the machines hard drive to each blank DVD-R in turn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…