Copying Hard Drive......

RobCharles1981 10:17 22 May 07

I have Acronis TI 9, and I want to copy my Slave Hard Drive onto my master hard drive my Master is 250gig and my Slave is 200GB could I basicaly "Clone" the Slave over the Master?

Thanks
Rob

bjh 10:34 22 May 07

Simple answer - yes!

The fact there is a size difference doesn't matter - that way round, at least.

RobCharles1981 10:36 22 May 07

Thanks, so by copying the slave drive onto the Master Simply over writes the data on the Master is that correct?

bjh 13:10 22 May 07

Absolutely - so no going back once it's done. You may make an image of the master onto DVDs first, if you so wished. You will need either to boot from the slave, or use an Acronis boot CD (which the program can make fopr you). There's no need to reformat the drive first; when you restart the machine the master will have identical software to the slave.

RobCharles1981 18:19 22 May 07

Woops sorry for the late reply! - And by this as well - all I need to do then is to change the jumper pins over?

bjh 21:27 22 May 07

Yes, but you will probably find you can choose which hard drive to boot from in BIOS, thus saving opening the computer at all.

I have two hard disks in each computer, a "clean" windows, and one that I install software etc. to.... as the latter becomes a mess, I transfer my data slowly to the "clean" windows then, when ready, change the boot priority in the BIOS, and use Acronis to reimage the "dirty" Windows to a "clean" version.... and off I go again...

RobCharles1981 21:34 22 May 07

Cool Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac