copying games.

jungle jim 18:29 15 Aug 03

can anyone tell me how to copy games from a cd to a cd.

kortical Implant 18:44 15 Aug 03

???seriously??? you mean you want to copy a cd game? isnt that illegal?

barrie_g 18:47 15 Aug 03

not sure if it still does but it used to say in the help files of nero how to backup a playstation game, the procedure is the same for other games.

This tells you about half way down if you click here

Smiler 19:00 15 Aug 03

Go hereclick here and read the paragraph relating to copyright material you agreed to it when you joined the site

Mysticnas 19:24 15 Aug 03

you can copy you're CD's and use them as back ups incase the origional ones get damaged, i'm sure i read that somewhere.

I must stress that the LAW says it IS illegal to sell or distribute copied software!!!!

However, as mentioned, i do believe that back up copies are allowed. Ask the FE or summat...

jakedawe 19:31 15 Aug 03

The law varies from country to country, if you reside in Germany you can legally make a back up copy, if you reside in the UK you can't.

Forum Editor 19:31 15 Aug 03

if you make a single backup CD for your own use. If they did that, the games companies would end up taking action against hundreds of thousands of people.

What you must not do is sell (or even loan) the CD to anyone else. That would technically be a 'distribution', and it's illegal.

Mysticnas 19:36 15 Aug 03

can't you just used you usual CD writing software?

jakedawe 19:49 15 Aug 03

Of course you can, if it works then fine, if it doesn't then it's probably copy protected.

dfghjkl 21:01 15 Aug 03

i am not sure what to make of some of the comments i have just read i am sure jungle jim has heard of copyright,and a simple question should have been given a simple answer his question was not about the law,we get judged in life all the time and i feel that we dont come on this site for it,the FE gave a sensible statement (although not an answer to jungle jims question)

jakedawe 21:28 15 Aug 03

It is quite simple really, If you copy anything that is copyright then you are in breach of that copyright. Anyone who gives you information on how to breach that copyright might be accused of aiding and abetting. Which part do you not compehend?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…