Copying folders containing pics to CD

hatrickj 17:57 26 May 05

This morning I decided to copy a bimber of my picture on to CD.

For convenience I have put the various jpg files in to a number of folders.

I then started to copy the folders across ans for the first two or three folder transfers the folders were visible when I opened or explored the CD.

I had a break and when I came back nothing is to be seen on CD and searches under folder names, *.*, or*.jpg find no files, but the properties show the same used space as the files copied over.

Please before I attempt to do more copying over what ahould I have done different etc?

I have used send to for the task. I have Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD but this seems to want to xfr individual files if you choose photo/Video disk.

AndySD 19:27 26 May 05

CD Rewrite disks are not always that reliable.
Try using a standard cd writeable disk and use the program to burn the files to the cd.

Joe R 19:32 26 May 05

hatrickj,

I think you would be better off using nero or roxio, and burn the folders as a data disc.

Pinnacle will be seeing the files, as part of a video, or slideshow.

Joe R 19:33 26 May 05

Meant to add, if Pinnacle gives you the option to burn a data disk, use this.

hatrickj 22:55 26 May 05

Thanks. Well, as it is cberything turned out right in the end. Later I reinderted the disk and someting I was not aware of in the Pinnacle program popped up to tell me disk faulty do you want to repair I let the repair go forward and the *vanished* folders appeared, with files inside aok. Disk named and finalised, afaik, as at end msg that there was an error in finalising.

You mention burning as a data disk, is this not what I've done by using *send to D;\ or copy and paste of the folders?

What are the rea; benfits of Roxio/ Nero over Pinnaclw other than preferecne? if someone can point me to any articles on subject I would be grateful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…