Copying a folder

mo66ie 09:59 AM 04 May 11

Hi Probably silly question time but here goes: when I try to copy a folder from one disk to another, in this case two flash drives, I get a run time error which says: This application has requsted the /runtime to terminate it in an unusual way(whatever that means). Please contact the application's support team for more information. Ever tried to get info out of Microsoft. Blood from a stone springs to mind. Anybody out there got any (usefull) ideas which would be greatly appreciated. Regards Allan

Woolwell 10:44 AM 04 May 11

Not sure I can help but what is your operating system? What is the size of the folder? I understand that you are copying from one flash drive to another. Have you tried copying to hard drive and then to the other flash drive?

mo66ie 11:18 AM 04 May 11

Hi Woolwell Sorry, meant to mention: My os is Vista Home Premium and the size is approx 2.6KB, only one file in the directory. I have found a work around by opening the file in the directory I want to copy, making a directory on the disk I want to copy to and the saving the file to that directory, a bit of a trek though. And no I havent't tried to coy to hard drive and out again. But I will next time, thanks for the memory jogger. BTW for directory read folder. :-) Regards Allan.

Woolwell 11:26 AM 04 May 11

I have Vista and cannot replicate that snag. Have to wait for someone else to advise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week