Copying files to floppy disk - computer closes

harris99 19:06 18 Jun 04

Using Windows ME. When copying files to floppy disk, after a few seconds or perhaps 30 secs the computer closes down. I have tried disabling Antivirus and Firewall but this makes no difference. Any ideas. please?

harris99 15:05 19 Jun 04

Further to my copying files to disk problem of 18 Jun. I have successfully copied files to floppy using a new floppy. Previously I had inserted a used disk which I had erased, but every time it had failed and the computer had shut down. Have I been doing something wrong? Another thing. Why does the floppy show a capacity of 1.38 MB on screen when the disk shows 1.44 MB on itself? Probably a silly question but my inexperience shows!

rickf 15:14 19 Jun 04

Could be the other one was faulty. I have just had to changed mine as it suddenly would not open/read or write files. I had the unfortunate incident of buying a new one which was also faulty. However, the latest one is working as per normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…