Copying files to CD-RW

rawprawn 16:18 20 Jun 03

I have always backed up certain files to a CD-RW with no problem. Today I was warned that my CD was faulty & needed replacing, I reformatted another ready for drag & drop but I can't seem to copy the files. I get files waiting to be written to cd, but when I ask it to write the files I get the message that there is no cd in the drive. I had to reinstall XP 2 days ago & I am wondering what I have done, I used to just use the send to menu, or drag & drop no problem, any ideas

Lú-tzé 16:25 20 Jun 03

Do you have nero -incd? It seems that it has to be uninstalled before installing the new cd-rw drive, then put in the cd-rw drive, then reinstall nero.

rawprawn 16:29 20 Jun 03

No, I have Easy CD Creator 5

Andsome 16:31 20 Jun 03

I have never used CD-RW, but many have, and have posted bitter comments about them. CDR is much more stable and less likely to give bother. Maybe someone can help you to recover the lost files, but it could well be that they have gone for good.

GroupFC 16:32 20 Jun 03

I know this is not really any help, but I have had a similar problem, for some time (see my posting click here) as you can see this is unresolved, so if you do find a solution please post it!

rawprawn 18:49 20 Jun 03

OK, I have solved my problem, I went to Roxio Support click here & downloaded the updated version of the 5 Basic which is 5.3.5.10. After I installed it everything was back to normal no problems. It is a big download 11.18mb. I do hope this helps you. regards & good luck, let me know via this post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…