copying files from 1 networked computer to another

mbone 21:30 25 Nov 06

can someone outthere help please, my wife and i have computers networked, i wish to copy her hdd to mine as a backup because she has important files (mainly photos ) that need protection in case of a crash/loss of her hdd any help would be appreciated, xp pro. partitioned hdd thanks, please help using terms for someone not very pc litirate

anskyber 21:40 25 Nov 06

There may be easier ways but when I want to copy the files of say pics I right click the file, select sharing and security to share the file with other users on the network. The receiver of the shared file in "my networks" can then choose to copy the file.

mbone 21:45 25 Nov 06

thanx anskyber for your help but how do i copy multiple files i.e. 100s

anskyber 21:53 25 Nov 06

From start you can right click say the my pictures folder and share the whole of my pics.

mbone 21:57 25 Nov 06

thanx again anskeyber i will give it a try

terryf 01:39 27 Nov 06

You could consider buying an external usb drive and backing up to there, it will take a time to copy 100s of files but you could both use it to backup. You could also consider getting a copy of True Image and backing up an image of each other's computer on the internal (not the external) drive. Acronis won't restore from a USB drive for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now