Copying a file name

Dark Knight 20:26 27 Jan 05

Hi There

I was wondering if there was a way to copy a file name. I need to put a load of file names into a text document. Rather than writing them out again is there any simple way of just copying the name.

Currently I right click on the file - click rename - copy then paste. I feel there must be a quicker way.

In addition to this is there an easy way of copying the names of the files within a folder in one swoop?

johnnyrocker 20:27 27 Jan 05

would edit select all be of any use?

johnny.

Dark Knight 20:33 27 Jan 05

That copies all the files.. I only want the names of the files....

Apologies if I am missing something!

britto 20:39 27 Jan 05

click here

directory printer should do it

Dark Knight 20:44 27 Jan 05

Looks good for the copying directory thing. Thanks Britto

Any ideas how I can do it for the odd file. i.e. pick and copy the name of a single file in a directory.

beeuuem 21:01 27 Jan 05

This click here will allow you to print out/ save to file allthe files in a folder/ directory.

Dark Knight 21:04 27 Jan 05

Thanks

Britto gave me the same link.. Not tried it yet but looks like what I need.

I was still hoping someone would have a suggestion regarding the single file name copying. before I tick the little green box.

BRYNIT 13:17 28 Jan 05

Try PowerDesk 5 Free Trial click here no support with this free trial. when you use powerdesk you click on the drive, files, folders, and highlighted the programs you require using control or shift keys. Go to edit/copy as text, go to the program you require the list and paste.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…