copying emails in outlook express

Grambo 16:19 16 Jun 07

I want to get multiple emails onto a memory stick. I can 'save as' and copy individual emails, but if i highlight multiple messages this option is not allowed (can understand save as only good for single messages)
So are messages stored on c drive....or do can i copy over a folder in OE ?

Jackcoms 16:24 16 Jun 07

1. On the Tools menu click Options
2. On the Maintenance tab, click Store Folder
3. Select the folder location and then press CTRL + C to copy the location
4. Click Cancel and Cancel again to close the dialogue box
5. Click Start and then click Run
6. In the Open box press CTRL + V and then click OK
7. On the Edit menu click Select All
8. On the Edit menu click Copy and then close the window
9. Right click any empty space on your desktop, click New and then click Folder
10. Type Mail Backup for the folder name and then press Enter
11. Double-click the Mail Backup folder to open it
12. On the Edit menu click Paste
13. Close the Mail Backup window

Gongoozler 16:29 16 Jun 07

When you save an individual email, it's saved in eml format which is really a text version. The most convenient way I know of saving the messages is to create a new folder for them in Outlook Express, then copy the corresponding dbx file, which will be all the emails in that folder, onto the memory stick. You can then use the little program DBXtract.exe click here which will extract all the emails from that file in eml format. Double clicking an eml file will open it in Outlook Express.
If you want to find where the dbx files are stored, open Outlook Express, click Tools - Options - Maintenance - Store Folder. In the window that opens, you can also change the location to somewhere more convenient.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…