copying emails to external disc

pomerian 23:14 14 Feb 09

I have a large ammount of information at present stored on a new folder I have made in Outlook Express and I should like to copy it to a USB flash drive. I am using XP . in the Outlook help folders it says you can do this by compacting the folder locating the files and and copying to a floppy etc. it says the files will be labeled, eg (sent items dbx) I cannot find these files any where. does anyone know how to locate them please. It is possible to copy items from the folder one at a time but that will take forever.

Forum Editor 00:15 15 Feb 09

step by step:-

click here

Bagsey 10:11 15 Feb 09

Saved. Thankyou :-)

pomerian 12:40 15 Feb 09

this isn't quite what I wanted to do it would be ok if you could open and read items in the new Mail Backup folder but they won't open. What I realy want to do is move the items in my new folder I made in Outlook to an external drive so that they can be opened and read on an indivual basis

MAJ 12:49 15 Feb 09

Just drag and drop the emails to where you want to store them.

Sea Urchin 13:49 15 Feb 09

As MAJ says - and you can highlight the whole batch (using Shift or Ctrl as appropriate) and drag the lot in one go.

pomerian 20:08 15 Feb 09

thanks Sea Urchin that does the trick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…