Copying e-mails to new PC

Lio 22:51 10 May 03

I am about to purchase a new pc and would like to backup and transfer all my stored e-mails to my new pc. The problem is i don't know where they are currently stored on my hard drive. I would like to save them to a CD-RW disc. I use outlook express.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank You

The PC Doctor 22:55 10 May 03

Which version of Windows are you using ?

woodchip 23:11 10 May 03

If you are win98 export them to a floppy or folder then copy to CD look under File in OE "Export Messages"

Belatucadrus 23:15 10 May 03

If you open outlook express, click on "file" on the top left hand corner, half way down the drop down menu you should get two options " import " & "export" follow them through and you will see additional options for "address book " & "messages" Use export to save info to a disk and then on the new PC use import to load it. It's got a wizard so the steps should be explained fairly clearly as you run through it.

beeuuem 23:16 10 May 03

I realise that you only asked about mail, however, if you want to save OE complete click here

Valvegrid 23:21 10 May 03

If you have a web mail like hotmail or lycos, you could easily forward the emails to yourself and collect them off the web when the new computer is connected.

Regards

Paul

Lio 23:24 10 May 03

Many thanks to all who replied, it always seems simple when you know how.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…