copying dvds

bezzer20 14:51 03 Mar 07

is there software out there which enables you to copy dvd's?

g0nvs 14:54 03 Mar 07

Yes lots.

bezzer20 14:58 03 Mar 07

no i mean non legal ones! which means you can copy films onto your hard drive

mattyc_92 15:00 03 Mar 07

Have you read the Forum Rules?

Quote:
'Cracks' or copyright infringement - we do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please do not post serial numbers or CD keys, or links to sites that contain file-sharing software or such information.

bezzer20 15:01 03 Mar 07

sorry mc

mattyc_92 15:02 03 Mar 07

What do you mean by 'non legal ones'?

bezzer20 15:02 03 Mar 07

thats so annoying the film stars earn shit loads too muych anyway! y not copy films and getta bit more enjoyment out of it, balls to them

bezzer20 15:03 03 Mar 07

bezzer20@hotmail.co.uk if you have any comments

bezzer20 15:06 03 Mar 07

all i want is loadsa films on hard drive coz it would be wkd! i dont even wanna sell them for fooks sake

theDarkness 18:21 03 Mar 07

anyone can put their OWN movies on their OWN hard drive to watch, that is not illegal! you can rip your movie to the hard drive (using a program such as DVD Decrypter, or DVD Shrink, which also has a Decrypter-this take quite a few mins to put on the hd, around 20!). You can then watch the movie using windows media player (you will need to install a vob codec for wmp to run the movie however, or you can try VLC Player or WinDVD, I think they do it out of the box). ripping your movie straight to the hard drive to watch in this way will need at least 5 to 8 gig of space, sizes will differ depending on film, eg 3hr LOTR will take up the max of space!

I assume you would rather convert your movie to an ".avi" file (divx/xvid video with ac3 sound) this can convert a film to a high quality 6-700mb or so file, but this can take up to 6 hours or more for every single film! A good program that will do this is Gordian Knot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced