Dekka123 14:13 PM 13 Jan 13

Can anybody tell me how I can get home made dvds onto my hard drive

SillBill 14:20 PM 13 Jan 13

How did you make the DVDs?

SillBill 14:21 PM 13 Jan 13

Oops, How did you make.....

Posted by SillBill

lotvic 14:22 PM 13 Jan 13

It's the same procedure as for any file from an external source.

Put DVD in tray if it's the sort that autoruns, hold down the shift key while you put dvd in and all dvd drive activity stops, then it will not autorun OR just stop it running after it has started.

Open Windows Explorer | click on the DVD so that contents are displayed and select what you want and either rightclick and copy to a folder on your harddrive or drag n drop. Remember files will be 'Read Only' so if you want to change the title you will have to remove that from the properties of the file after you have copied it.

lotvic 14:26 PM 13 Jan 13

"same procedure as for any file...etc" posted by lotvic

(I forgot posters names are not showing today)

(I would presume that someone else home made the DVD's - like I do with family videos of grandchildren and family events and then let others borrow to copy them)

lotvic 14:34 PM 13 Jan 13

We should have asked if you only wanted the files on your hard drive or if you want to copy the dvd so that you could eventually burn your own dvd if you have a DVD burner on your pc.

There are various options depending on what you want to be able to do. It also depends on your OS (XP, Vista, W7?) and what software programs you have at the moment.

lotvic

Dekka123 10:29 AM 15 Jan 13

Thank you all very much for your replies. You have solved my problem perfectly. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all. Thanks again

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone