Copying DVD - not what you think though!

fitshase 21:15 21 Apr 06

I have filmed the school play and I have edited it and put it onto DVD.

The school is now selling the DVD so I am having to make multiple copies of it. I have Nero and an 8x DVD burner. I have copied one using the "quick copy" function on Nero (where it copies direct from the original DVD in my DVD-ROM drive) and it took 25 minutes. If I copy the image to the hard drive, will this speed up copying? I have 46 DVDs to burn so I do not want to be waiting 25 minutes per DVD (4 per hour = 11.5hrs to burn the lot).

Any advice is welcome.

Regards

Fitshase

gudgulf 21:28 21 Apr 06

Quickest way is to copy to the hard drive and select the number of copies you want Nero to make....when one copy finishes Nero will ask for the next blank disc.

However with 46 DVDs to burn it will take a long time to do....even if this is faster than burning on-the-fly.

Your problem is not the speed of the drive but the fact you only have one of them........oh and 25 mins perDVD is 19hrs 10min.....plus time to change the discs.

I would enlist the help of anyone else from the school or PTA who has a DVD burner to burn a few copies each for you.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:44 21 Apr 06

You gotta be the Maths teacher!!

fitshase 22:58 21 Apr 06

Ah yes - there was me thinking of the metric hour!!

Cheers for the info - I have made the disc image and I am burning the DVDs now. Managed 3 so far.

I don't think anyone else has a DVD burner (not very tech minded bunch) so I will just keep at it on here.

I wouldn't care - I've just loaned an external DVD burner to a colleague as well but I won't see them until Monday. Never mind.

Cheers for the help - I'll tick the box now.

Fitshase

terryf 23:00 21 Apr 06

Do a google for 'commercial dvd duplication', you will get lots of hits

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…