copying a dvd

InCog 11:40 16 Feb 04

I am trying to copy a dvd - for which permission is granted - but I have two problems:
1. the dvd is 7.2gb
2. the coypying software (Roxio DVD Creator 6)assumes that I have two dvd drives, which I don't.

I suppose it needs to be stored on my hdd first and then compressed to fit on a single DVD. How do I do this?

Lozzy 11:44 16 Feb 04

you need software like DVD Xpress/Copy DVDX or similar..

hugh-265156 11:48 16 Feb 04

use something like smartripper to do this.click here click guides for more info.

georgemac 11:53 16 Feb 04

dvd shrink is a good program for this - and it is freeware - click here to download

InCog 15:37 16 Feb 04

I downloaded DVD Shrink and it worked - sort of. I burned the files to the hdd and from there used Roxio drag to disc to burn it onto a dvd -r. However, when I use the dvd only the first opening title comes up and then it stops. But if I open up the folder and select one of VOB files the dvd runs properly from that section but not from the beginning...so I'm confused!

georgemac 16:49 16 Feb 04

I have only used it once with nero and it worked no problem. Nero burned it OK.

I would guess you would have to compile a new dvd using the compressed files generated by dvd shrink but I do not know.

click here will have guides and plenty help.

InCog 18:02 16 Feb 04

The tutorial for DVD Shrink is really useful. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…