Copying from CD's to MP3 player

opta55 19:26 26 Dec 04

What is the best software to copy music files from a CD to PC, convert to MP3 format ready to transfer to an MP3 player. Is there anything out there which will input the names of tracks & CD titles without having to type them all in manually.

Windows XP Media Player seems to be able to copy the files onto PC OK but although the titles come across the files are not in MP3 format.

I have a copy of Nero 5.5 but it keeps giving me an error message of 'your MP3PRO trial licence has expired' - I received this software with my PC last year & have copied to blank CD's before which worked OK.

What is the best software available out there for the task or can Media player do it OK but I am just doing something wrong.

JoeC 19:35 26 Dec 04

MP3 for Media player

click here

Download the

fichier ra-codec12.zip (883 kb)

and double click

setuplc3.exe

to get MP3 capablities in WMP.

Also, on the same page download the

MP3.reg

file to edit the registry for you

opta55 21:56 26 Dec 04

Joe,

Thanks for that.I have downloaded the zip file & the registry.How do I now use Windows Media Player to convert the files to MP3?

Thanks
Ken

Irishman 22:00 26 Dec 04
  ste_bla 22:09 26 Dec 04

CDex will change CD > mp3

Look on downloads.com for it

Charence 22:34 26 Dec 04

Go to OPTIONS in WMP, click on RIP MUSIC and select the format and quality you require. You can also specify the location that WMP will rip to. e.g. MP3 player. But most MP3 players nowadays support WMA format which is apparently better and takes up less storage space.

Charence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant