copying cd's on combined DVD and CD drives

terryp96 22:28 12 Nov 04

My son has just bought a computer with combined DVD rewriter and CD rewriter, Win XP. When he copies cd's I assume the original is copied onto hard drive and then transferred on to a blank disc, he has done this successfully and made a copy but has noticed the original is still on his hard drive, how do you delete it?

kev.Ifty 22:32 12 Nov 04

Depends on the writing software. But try right click on the folder and select delete.

Totally-braindead 22:37 12 Nov 04

As kev.Ifty has said it depends on the software. His advice is good and you can just do this but if you look in the options for the copying software you are using, there should be an option to delete it automatically. It'll say something like Delete copy after successful burn or something like that and all you have to do is tick the box so the software does that.

HIGHLAND GUY 22:46 12 Nov 04

Hi if you use nero 6 or pinnacle instant cd/dvd or indeed many other copying suites there is an option to copy disc to disc therefore not leaving any files on hard drive.

Sometimes disc to disc doesn't work on certain cd's so if your software has an option to burn a disc image to hard drive use that then burn image to cd you can then delete image as previous posts state or keep for future.

Hope that's of some use to you.

terryp96 22:52 12 Nov 04

Thanks for the info, I forgot to mention that he used Windows Media to do the copying, at least that's what he told me, he hasn't had time to load his copying software yet

kev.Ifty 23:05 12 Nov 04

But if you have a copy on your hard drive, leave it and then you can listen and enjoy the music while "Surfing" the World Wide Web !!!

Is it that modern music that ain't real music not like the music when we were young an you could sing along and understand the words and the music had a tune and..............

I'm turning into Victor Meldrew!

;-) Kev.

stalion 23:07 12 Nov 04

I don't believe it!

kev.Ifty 23:20 12 Nov 04

click here Dare You Take The TEST??

Are you a Victor Meldrew?

Sorry terryp96 but it is Friday (TGIF!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…