Copying to CD

Pikachu 11:32 27 Sep 03

I have a bit of a problem. I have a Samsung SM-348 which is a combo drive (DVD/CDRW) and a Sony DRU510A which writes all formats.

The problem is that before I installed the Sony I was able to use Nero to copy files from the Samsung to a CDRW but now I can't I can write to the disc but when I explore the disc no files are shown up. Nero has finalised it correctly. I used my Sony drive and I was able to see the files after a successful copy.

I use two writing software, Veritas and Nero and Sony passed both and I was able to see files on the CD but with the Samsung I can't.

Samsung is set to Master and Sony is my Slave.

Any ideas whats causing this? Has anyone come across this problem before?.

Thanks for all your help

SEASHANTY 11:51 27 Sep 03

If you had an OEM copy of Nero bundled with a particular drive and you replace that drive with a different machine then Nero will not write to that new drive. You will need another copy of Nero. It will let you make files for storing on the HDD or elsewhere but it will just NOT burn.

MichelleC 14:02 27 Sep 03

May be better to have writer as master and rom as slave.

Pikachu 15:44 27 Sep 03

Nero came with the Samsung so it should still work with this drive. Shouldn't it?

This is the drive that is causing the problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…