Copying and Burning DVD's

Gibbo1956 16:53 10 Feb 03

I have read about software that copies DVD's 'perfectly'. But my experience of copying CD's is that they are far from perfect, and tend to have more 'jumps' and judders than shop-bought ones. I have not bought a DVD burner on the assumption that the same thing will happen. Does anyone have practical experience of burning a number of DVD's over time, with repeated use of the copies, and can tell me how reliable the software is?

Lú-tzé 17:43 10 Feb 03

Thus far DVD copying is far from perfect too (but CD copying seems ok for me at least). Often the best thing to do is convert your DVD files to another format and burn to cd.

The latest version of Nero will burn DVDs for you if you wish.

Kat 16:05 11 Feb 03

but only in time!

Prices will come down and the best known brands will be marginally more expensive. DVD burners should be capable of writing two types of blank media, written once and re recordable. Not sure about recording perfectly but I'd like to have one if it's out there!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…