Copy Youtube videos to DVD

Grandad99 00:56 AM 13 Sep 13

I want to copy some Youtube music videos onto a DVD for a non computerised friend. Basic Realplayer downloads them but that's all. This is a one-off exercise and I don't want to pay for the upmarket Realplayer if there is a free or cheaper programme available.

Is there?

BT 07:53 AM 13 Sep 13

The Free version of YouTube Downloader will download and convert them to suitable formats for copying to DVD.

My wife uses it all the time to download and save clips of her favourite actors.

YouTube Downloader

hastelloy 08:38 AM 13 Sep 13

Just a word of warning. I have just downloaded from BT's link and I ended up with Delta Toolbar (without being asked) which completely changed my browser settings (again without asking). When opening my browser WOT gave a severe warning on the new homepage.

Daiol 12:02 PM 13 Sep 13

Try this it's good and easy to use also free.

click here

Grandad99 15:38 PM 13 Sep 13

Thanks both.

BT, I've installed Youtube downloader but trying to open it get a message that I need to install.CNET "and contact your publisher to find which version"

As I can't open the program how do I contact the publisher? I've looked at the user forum but there is no Registration facility, only a Sign in which needs a password.

rdave13 17:02 PM 13 Sep 13

I use atube-catcher. A very good freeware. As always, with free software, you will have to untick boxes on installation, ie. Ask toolbar etc, so take your time going through the installation process. Last update I installed had WinZip driver update installed with it. Easy enough to uninstall via programs and features.

chub_tor 18:07 PM 13 Sep 13

I've been using YTD as suggested by BT for over a year now, great little programme, can't say that I remember any problems with browser changing or with CNET but I downloaded direct from the YTD site and not from CNET. Grandad99 where did you download from?

Grandad99 18:26 PM 13 Sep 13

I downloaded from the TYD site. Just realised that it's .NET Framework V4 that I need. Looking at the Microsoft downloads for this it seems to be for developing apps.

rdave13 18:59 PM 13 Sep 13

Check via Windows update as it might give you the Framework updates needed.

chub_tor 10:06 AM 14 Sep 13

Like most long term PC users I have all the .NET variants installed as along the way I have garnered various programmes that need them. They do get updated regularly by Microsoft and quite frankly they are a pain in the backside as they all seem to take ages to download and install. If you just want v4 then you can get it from here but be prepared for a wait while it downloads and installs and may even need an update to 4.5 afterwards.

However I still think that YTD is a cracking programme, I only use the free version and the download speed is still not bad.

hastelloy 13:52 PM 14 Sep 13

chub_tor

I wasn't saying anything against the software - just warning that the download brought unwanted software with it - i.e. Delta toolbar.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…