Copy video to a PC

Pererin 19:54 22 Jan 05

I imagine this to be a simple task for those in the know, but I am fairly clueless on this subject. I want to copy my VHS tapes to my PC,and wondered what tools I need and how to go about the task so help please !

LastChip 20:00 22 Jan 05

You need a form of video capture device. click here for one example.

daisy2bell 21:30 22 Jan 05

If you have a digital camcorder, you can hook up your VCR to the camcorder and transfer to your PC.
This is what I've done with my analogue camcorder.

iced_ms 22:06 22 Jan 05

I was looking at doing something similar just before christmas and did the usual research trying to find out what i needed.... eventually after not being able to get my head round it i bought a cheap Liteon DVD recorder for christmas and have been having a ball with it since.
Not only have i been putting mine and friends vhs family recordings on dvd but i can also copy my fav tv series onto a dvd too...... probably not the response you were looking for but if like me you get to the point where your totally confused its a good option

Pererin 20:37 29 Jan 05

thanks LastChip,you've thrown some light on it for me. is there anything else needed computer wise, other than leads etc.

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 21:06 29 Jan 05

i use wintv 2000, just plug my video in to back of puter & record

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 21:07 29 Jan 05

and its only 30 quid

woodchip 21:10 29 Jan 05

As above they should Work, I use a Hauppauge Old Win PCI TV card in XP Home with new drivers this card I used to have in a Win95 Computer and still does it's job

PA28 22:03 29 Jan 05

At the risk of stating the obvious, you will also need a DVD writer and authoring software if you're intent on going beyond simply storing the video from your tapes on your PC. Video takes up enormous quantities of hard disk space.

Pererin 17:22 30 Jan 05

thanks gang,but as i have a low pc iq tell me what is wintv 2000 and win pci, i assume it is a prog and an internal card respectively. i need the least complex route.

woodchip 19:35 30 Jan 05

The one I have is a Capture Card that fits in a PCI slot inside the comp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…