Copy recorded DVD on computer - FAILED

BBW 14:09 11 Dec 05

I have recently purchased a DVD recorder. I would like to copy the discs on my computer, but I get "Access violation at address 10217FE3 in module 'MSVCRTD.dll'. Read of address 6A2E7265"
Does anyone have any ideas? The discs by the way are home videos, like school concerts.

john-232317 14:28 11 Dec 05

How are you trying to copy them and what softwareare you using ?

jimv7 17:21 11 Dec 05
  BBW 17:39 11 Dec 05

Many thanks for responding 'dadyassa.' I am using Nero 6.0.0.16, I have also tried 'Cyberlink' which comes up with 'Data fault' after copying. Many parents want to see the Xmas School concert and I cannot copy the disc made on the Philips DVD recorder

BBW 17:42 11 Dec 05

Many thanks 'jimv7,' will try your link, I'm getting desperate!

pj123 17:51 11 Dec 05

Have a try with DVD Shrink free download from:

click here

Alternatively, I use DVD Xcopy £3.98 plus postage from:

click here

Another alternative is update your Nero to 6.6.0.18 from:

click here

You need to download at least Package 1 and Package 2.

pj123 17:54 11 Dec 05

Should have asked: What model number is the Philips DVD Recorder and is this a standalone DVD recorder or a PC based DVD burner?

BBW 17:58 11 Dec 05

Hi pj123, It's an Philips DVDR3305/05 stand alone DVD Recorder. I feed the camcorder into it and record to a DVD. At the moment I am having to feed the camcorder into it for each disc I require. It's going to take a fortnight if they all want copies of their 'Little ones'

daveeb 18:42 11 Dec 05

You need to copy ALL the files from your disc to the hard drive using explorer. If you cant do this the disc is probably marked and may need cleaning, or the laser assembly in the pc dvd reader/burner is dirty and needs cleaning. Then burn as dvd-video using nero, or use dvd shrink to reauthor selected titles.

BRYNIT 19:41 11 Dec 05

Have you finalized the disk from your philips DVD recorder.

When the disk is finalized you should be able to use copy disk in Nero express.

pj123 12:09 12 Dec 05

Having checked out the spec of your Philips recorder I can see no reason why you can't do a straight disk copy using Nero.

As BRYNIT says you probably need to finalise the disk first though.

I am recording a tv series off Satellite for a friend (he hasn't got digital tv yet) and I have no problem doing a copy for him. I have a Liteon standalone recorder and an LG DVD burner using Nero 6. What type of DVD disks are you using? -r +r -rw +rw etc. and does your PC based burner take the same type?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…