Copy pictures to DVD

Rabi 05:26 24 May 06

Hi

Runnign Windows XP Pro, on a new PC, with a DVD writer.

On my old PC, I could just highlight a folder with pictures, and select in Windows Explorer, "Copy to C". Tried to do this on the new PC, and it says,

"Windows encountered a problem when rying to copy this folder. What do you want Windows to do?"

It's not the folder that's the problem, because I have changed the folder many times to check, and I get the same error message.

Help! I need to burn some pictures for a school project, and deadline is up soon.

Thank you!

Totally-braindead 06:31 24 May 06

I might be wrong here but I think the problem is you are using a DVD, as far as I know windows does not have DVD burning by default only CD.

Can't help further I'm afraid as I use Nero and don't use the built in windows burner.

Hertz Van Rentyl 08:36 24 May 06

Have you got the "enable CD burning on this drive" box enabled, or the IMAPI service enabled.
As a stopgap could try something like this
click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 08:43 24 May 06

Have you tried dragging the folder to your drive, thats all you have to do usually.

Rabi 09:55 24 May 06

Thanks,

"Totally-braindead", you were right, Windows XP does not have DVD burning by default. My mistake.
And,
"Hertz Van Rentyl", thank you, the programme CDBurnerXP Pro you suggested worked just fine, even a novice such as me burnt the folder in 2 steps!

Thanks, much appreciated to you all

woodchip 09:58 24 May 06

You need something like NERO or a similar program

Hear's Free one click here

Rabi 10:02 24 May 06

Thanks "Woodchip", already downloaded and it worked fine (ref above)

Thanks again

Rabi 23:13 17 Jun 06

Resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…