copy photos to cd-r to view on dvd player

dijo 19:19 14 Jul 08

Hi there, I have a new computer with windows vista home premium on it I have tried to copy photos onto a cd-r to view on my dvd player. I can view them on my computer, but not on my dvd player. I have previously copied photos onto discs at my local 'woolies' and viewed them on my dvd player so I should be able to see them, when I put the cd in it looks as if it thinks it is an item of music and plays nothing, I also tired to copy them onto a dvd-r and the same thing happened, only this time the dvd player spat the dvd out! I have since copied a short video onto a dvd-r and the dvd player plays it fine, what am I doing wrong?
thanks in atticipation of any help!
ps my old computer ran on windows 98 and was 10 years old and did not have a dvd or cd drive, so I have never tried copying anything before!

peter99co 20:20 14 Jul 08

How are you making the copy? ( what Program?)

jack 20:57 14 Jul 08

The DVD player may not like your particular brand of disk

The disk will have to finalized.

The commerecially made disk may have unvluded a view facility

Try downloading a slide show program

Irfanview
DVDPixPlay
are two many other- thgese burn dirct to a slide shoe with the disk as a VCD.
That should do it.

peter99co 21:21 14 Jul 08

Is it asking what type of format you wold like to use? ie mastered or not.

tonyq 13:30 15 Jul 08

dijo
in windows vista home premium,you should have "Windows DVD Maker" installed,which will do what you are wanting to do,by means of making a simple slideshow which then burns to a DVD (DVD not CD). Hope this is of some help.

dijo 15:12 15 Jul 08

thanks for all the answers,

tonyq
I will try the slide show on the dvd as I do have windows dvd maker and was able to burn a small video made with my digital camera.

peter99co
it didnt ask me what type of format I wanted

jack - what does finalize mean?

why cant I use cd-r, are they just for computers? and not dvd players? as my dvd players say they are compatable with them

jack 17:36 15 Jul 08

jack - what does finalize mean?
click here
and
click here

why cant I use cd-r, are they just for computers? and not dvd players? as my dvd players say they are compatable with them
You can use DVD R +or -

Google for indepth answers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos