Copy & Paste in Word

mik60ish 06:13 19 Sep 03

Can't seem to be able to copy & paste from www to word. I can copy from a web site then try to paste to word right click and nothing is in bold to paste?

Try placing the cursor in the word document where you want to paste and then press Ctrl & V at the same time - should then paste.

-pops- 06:45 19 Sep 03

If you want to copy the whole of a document in Word, place the cursor over the text, press Ctrl A. this will highlight the whole of the text. Press CTRL C to copy to clipboard. Ctrl V will then paste the text where you want it.

If you only want to copy and paste part of the text, place the cursor over the start (or end) of the text you want to copy, left click and drag the cursor over all the text you want so it is highlighted. Press CTRL C and carry on as before.

Diemmess 09:25 19 Sep 03

If so it is probably not always possible to do it the obvious way.

I admit I'm more than a mite ignorant about conversion of pdf displays and so on, but if I can highlight a piece of text - I go to the "edit pulldown" at the very top left and select copy........then it is on windows clipboard to paste into word.

If I can't highlight what I want, then I can sometimes print the whole document, or select PrtScr for an instant delivery of all sorts (wanted and unwanted)to the printer.... Certainly anything on thie forum can be simply copied and then pasted into Word.

dave h 11:10 19 Sep 03

The other thing to watch for when cutting and pasting from a website, is that if the text on the site is white on a coloured background, when you paste it into Word it will not be visible (that is, it's white text on a white background.)

The solution, - in Word select Ctrl-A, and change thetext colour top Black.

dave h 11:12 19 Sep 03

Sorry, should have been "change the text colour to Black"

(Why can't computers spell rite?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…