Copy & Paste on Powerpoint 2003? Want PP 2000 way

JerryJay 00:11 12 Mar 04

I find Copy and Paste with Powerpoint 2003 and Powerpoint XP is strange comparing with Powerpoint 2000.

When I work on a slide which has some objects, a graph and a equation, I wan to make another copy of those two on the same slides. With Powerpoint 2000, I just Copy & Paste, but with XP & 2003, I cannot do this. I have to use Paste Special and chose correct object to paste. This waste me a lot of time because I need to do the same operation very often. Is there any setting I need to change to make Powerpoint 2003/XP work the same way as Powerpoint 2000.

By the way, what are main advantages of 2003 and XP over 2000. I am currently use 2000 and thinking of switching if enough advantages for this.

Muckle 00:21 12 Mar 04

I use XP and copy & paste is straight forward. Go to tools, options, edit and make sure 'use smart cut and paste' is ticked.

JerryJay 00:37 12 Mar 04

I tried, still does not work. I messed up whole slide.

cycoze 10:42 12 Mar 04

Is this worth a look click here .

JerryJay 10:45 12 Mar 04

cycoze, my problem is Copy and Paste an object within a slide or between slides not Copy and Paste whole slide. Thanks for the link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…