Copy and paste not working in IE 10

john bunyan 06 Jul 13
Answered

I have W7, IE10. In IE 10 copy and paste is not working, although it was yesterday. I ran sfc/scannow, still did not work. It does, however, work in Chrome.Can anyone suggest a fix as I prefer IE 10 as all my favorites etc are there.

john bunyan 06 Jul 13

I seem to remember something about Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, but cannot recall what it was...

john bunyan 06 Jul 13
Answer

System restore to yesterday has fixed it - do not know why! Also Speckie was not working - now it is so something happened! A mystery...

lotvic 06 Jul 13

I seem to recall that there was an issue with Skype Click to Call that causes the Copy & Paste function to not function, but think that was to do with Office not Internet Explorer.

john bunyan 06 Jul 13

lotvic

I do not have Skype on the desktop. Whatever it was, the system restore fixed it. Curious that it stopped Speckie and copy / Paste in IE10 but not in Chrome. One of life's little mysteries. BTW before the system restore I tried normal restart and sfc/ scannow.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message