Copy and paste not working in IE 10

john bunyan 20:38 PM 06 Jul 13
Answered

I have W7, IE10. In IE 10 copy and paste is not working, although it was yesterday. I ran sfc/scannow, still did not work. It does, however, work in Chrome.Can anyone suggest a fix as I prefer IE 10 as all my favorites etc are there.

john bunyan 20:50 PM 06 Jul 13

I seem to remember something about Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, but cannot recall what it was...

john bunyan 21:19 PM 06 Jul 13
Answer

System restore to yesterday has fixed it - do not know why! Also Speckie was not working - now it is so something happened! A mystery...

lotvic 21:27 PM 06 Jul 13

I seem to recall that there was an issue with Skype Click to Call that causes the Copy & Paste function to not function, but think that was to do with Office not Internet Explorer.

john bunyan 22:47 PM 06 Jul 13

lotvic

I do not have Skype on the desktop. Whatever it was, the system restore fixed it. Curious that it stopped Speckie and copy / Paste in IE10 but not in Chrome. One of life's little mysteries. BTW before the system restore I tried normal restart and sfc/ scannow.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites