Copy and paste has stopped working

john bunyan 13 Jun 13
Answered

Windows 7, IE 10, all up to date. Recently Copy and paste has stopped working for me in this forum and in IE10 in general. It works in Word. Any ideas?

john bunyan 13 Jun 13

Specifically, the copy bit appears to work but when I right click to paste there is no response at all.

john bunyan 13 Jun 13
Answer

For an equally unknown reason, it is now working. I did a system restore to earlier today, having tried resetting the hosts file to default (as seen on another thread). I guess I should have let sleeping dogs lie!!

compumac 13 Jun 13

I have had this in reverse. Only today Word would not copy and paste to itself or any other application, but outside of that it did. I rebooted and then we were back to normal. I have had this happen once or three times recently and each time it was in relation to Word 2007. Rebooting cured it each time. - (Not sure I should have said that knowing my luck)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message