Copy OE contact group

Trikie 20:15 04 Apr 07

I have 2 groups with a total of 180 names. I want to create a further 2 groups which will consist of 160 of those in the existing Groups.

To save starting from scratch and adding 160 names individually is there a way to create duplicates of the existing Groups and then be able to just delete 20 names from them?

GroupFC 21:51 04 Apr 07

Yes - I think this will work (I assume you are using OE).

Open you address book and create the 2 new groups.

Open the old group click on the first name hold shift and click on the last name (all names should now be highlighted, right click and select copy. Now go to the new group, right click and select paste. All the names should now appear in the new group and you can delete the ones you don't want.

HTH

Trikie 22:32 04 Apr 07

Thanks GroupFC. Yes, it is OE but no joy. Highlighted all names in the original group, but the only right click options are Dial and Internet Call (plus greyed out Send Mail and Send Mail to)

Tried Ctrl+C but that won't copy the names either.

GroupFC 23:05 04 Apr 07

From what you say it sounds as if you are trying to do it from the contact list rather than through the address book, as I have just tried it that way with the same result.

Open your address book and try it there. To open the address book go >Tools>address book (or press Ctrl+Shift+B). Before I posted my earlier reply I did a test and it does work!

An alternative way of opening the address book is >Start>run>wab>OK (and I have just tested that too!).

Trikie 23:45 04 Apr 07

Yes, I had been going in from the address book. Have tried again but with the same result.

GroupFC 07:20 05 Apr 07

I am afraid I am out of ideas then!

This will bump it up the list and may be somebody else will have an idea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac