copy to hard drive then burn a copy

johnnyrocker 15:23 25 May 06

a friend has asked me how she can copy a fiends disk which she has been lent, she has only one drive and i believe the only way to do this is copy to hard driven then burn a disk, my question is, how does one copy to hard drive in the first place? xp pro

johnny.

rodriguez 15:27 25 May 06

If it is copyrighted material that needs to be copied, then it can't be discussed on this forum. But if it's just a collection of files we can help.

johnnyrocker 15:31 25 May 06

it is not copyright material, i have been around these forums long enough to know not to ask that if it was a copyright issue.

johnny.

Shortstop 15:38 25 May 06

Hi,

Well, I recognise you JR :o)

Nero will do this for you automatically, but simply the files are copied to a target folder & then the contents of are then burnt onto the CDR/DVD-R. I guess you can do this manually - just remember to clear the target folder afterwards!

HTH

Paul

Ikelos 15:42 25 May 06

make a folder on the desktop, open the cd and drag all the contents into it, then burn it back to the cd, or use the free programme "dvd shrink" that will do it all for you, using just one drive..

Stuartli 15:44 25 May 06

Nero will also delete the image file afterwards.

However, if you use this method (which provides the best quality) then you will have to defrag more regularly.

johnnyrocker 15:57 25 May 06

cheers folks all sorted

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…